Supplies Needed for Recycled Circles Class:
- 2 sheets of paper (mixed media weight) cut to 12x12 inches. SQUARE is important, size isn’t.
- Fabric scraps& collage paper scraps in a color scheme of your choice (you won’t need large pieces, but you do want a selection to choose from—I encourage you to use fabric you already have, and found papers like maps, wrappers and tissue)
- Soft Gel acrylic medium
- acrylic paints (just a few colors to work with your fabric/paper selection )
- A palette knife, if you’ve got one, or old credit card for spreading glue
- Gesso, white (small container or you can share with a friend)
- beads and/or buttons for embellishment (optional, you can do this at home
- embroidery needle/beading needle and embroidery thread (optional, you can do this at home)
- Small selection of beads or buttons (optional, you can do this at home)and needle that will go through the bead)
Create a fabulous mixed media piece from your own paper and cloth scraps! As seen in “Cloth Paper Scissors” magazine, Jane’s Recycled Circles is a layered project that will teach you an assortment of mixed media techniques, while creating this guided, yet totally your own one-of-a-kind artwork. (And there’s no drawing! Just cutting out squares and circles!) Each student’s work will look very different, even though we’re all doing the same step by step process. The class is especially great for beginners, as you just can’t go wrong! We’ll be working on paper, but using some paper and some cloth for collage, then hand sewing and beading to give the piece additional interest and texture.