• You can use either regular oils or water mixable oils.
Alan paints with Winsor Newton Artisan water mixable oils
• We will use a limited palette consisting of
Cadmium Yellow Light
BRUSHES & Knives
• Good quality brushes are really important. He uses: #6, #4 and #2 flats for 95% of everything he paints.
* Artisan or Silver Brush Grand Prix Series brushes.
• Palette knives are useful and will be demonstrated.
• There are other interesting tools I’ve discovered that we’ll show and discuss in class.
• If you’re using regular oils please use Gamsol or odorless turpenoid
Easels will be provided but the students will be responsible for acquiring the paint,
canvas panels, brushes, paper towels, solvents and solvent containers
A 16 week oil painting class with Alan Nowell
Join artist Alan Nowell in a 16 week course where he teaches you the foundation of creating a successful painting. This oil painting workshop teaches the fundamentals of painting using the tools and methods traditionally used in fine art. Work on your own pieces and subject matter and watch your progression and learn valuable information from the pro!
This class fills, register quickly. We require payment in full for registration.